Home Tips Plus Your Guide Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Tips Plus Your Guide Forums

Navigation

Latest topics

» Gran Hotel Saison 2 Streaming
Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 5:33 am by vaunjan

» LS MODELS TOP 100 PRETEEN MODELS NUDE
Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 4:23 am by vaunjan

» Il Milionario Pirata
Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need? EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 5:31 am by vaunjan

» Vplug 2.4.7 For Progdvb .rar
Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need? EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:50 pm by vaunjan

» Microsoft Windows ADK Release Preview 6.2.8400 [x64/x86]
Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need? EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:32 pm by vaunjan

» fish oil capsules
Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:43 am by Guest

» FSU Research Produces Images Of AIDS Virus That May Shape Vaccine
Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:19 am by Guest

» Drugs That Treat Meth Withdrawl
Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:47 am by Guest

» fish oil vitamin benefits
Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:03 pm by Guest

2 posters

Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need?

MICHAEL55

Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need? Empty Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need?

Post  MICHAEL55 Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:24 am

I've been thinking about taking up golf over the last couple of years. Other than going to the driving range and making an ass of myself with my friends or playing mini golf, I am new to the game. I know the rules, terminology, just need to learn how to develop and refine my swing.

And I also need to know what kind of equipment I need.

Also, what is the best way to get decent discounts on green fees?
    WILLIAM21

Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need? Empty Golf beginner - where to start and what do I need?

Post  WILLIAM21 Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:20 pm

The first time you go out golfing, asked an experienced golfer with you to be brutal about your etiquette:

Fixing ballmarks
    Talking/moving
    Ready golf vs whose turn is it
    Picking up tees
    Taking extra shots
    Slowing down the group
    Line of sight distraction
    Searching for lost balls
    Walking across putting line
    etc etc.......

Take a few golf lessons to get the fundamentals down pat for starters.

It's much easier to learn the right way than to uncorrect your wrong doings once they are habit from prematurely playing on courses and going to driving ranges without the proper instruction first.

Check out

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:46 am